Four Steps to Getting the Most for Your Money
When You Buy a New Construction Home in Naples FL
Builders and developers have representation. Shouldn’t you?
Follow This Formula for a successful, satisfying New Construction Home Purchase
1. Get an Independent REALTOR® on Your Side For Free
An experienced independent REALTOR is the best person to guide you in purchasing new construction, and it won’t cost you a dime. When you first visit a new home community with or without your own REALTOR, the community’s sales associate (builder’s representative) is there to represent and sell the community to you. The builder’s representative can’t choose between working for you and working for the builder. The builder’s representative is obligated to protect the interests of the builder/developer. Robert Alan Pisa, P.A. works as your agent, the buyer, on your behalf only.
2. Compare Available Communities to Find the One that Fits Your Lifestyle
The number of new home communities in the Naples area is growing rapidly. Each community has its own personality and you need to find the one that fits best with your lifestyle. The first community you see may be impressive, but you need to weigh your alternatives to reach the decision that will make you happy over the long-term.
3. Choose a Design and Upgrades that Will Serve You Now and at Resale
There are a myriad of things to consider when you purchase a new construction home. You’ll have an abundance of decisions to make concerning options, upgrades, and building lots that carry premiums. Some of the things that will add cost to your new home make very good sense, but others don’t. These are the types of questions you’ll need to answer:
- Which items are critical to your enjoyment of your new home?
- Which items will be very important, somewhat important, or not at all important when it comes to resale?
- Will you recoup the extra dollars you spend?
- What upgrades should you complete after the sale with your own contractor?
4. Negotiate from a Position of Strength
As with any home purchase, there are many things that are negotiable when purchasing a new construction home. You need to know where the builder will have more room to negotiate and where you will just be wasting your time and perhaps making the negotiation more difficult.
Here’s How I Can Help
I am an independent REALTOR. I have no obligation to any of the communities you may want to explore. I do not represent the builder and/or developer in any way.
- I can be your representative and liaison to the developers’ sales associates to make sure you find the community best suited for your needs and desires.
- I can help you get the most for your money in a new-construction transaction.
As your representative, my only obligation is to protect your interests as the buyer. Buyers aren’t responsible for compensating their REALTOR, meaning that my assistance will make no difference to the price you pay.
There’s no reason not to have an independent, experienced, professional local adviser in your corner, whether you’re buying in a new development or not!
This website has a complete page and section dedicated to New Construction homes in the area.